Need to login and buy the course to see the full content.
This chapter talks about the practical devices that work on Alternating current (AC) and Direct Current (DC).
This course shows how a moving AC waveform looks, and the rotating pointer that defines the equation for the wave. An animation of a rotating turbine wheel in a hydraulic dam as the water falls, helps to understand from where we get the AC upto our homes. Many more animations are presented to give a crystal clear grasp and confidence in the working principle of Generators, Motors, Transformers, as well as AC circuits like R, C, L, CR, LR and LCR circuits.
Following topics are covered:
1. AC waveform and equation.
2. Fleming’s Left Hand Rule and Right Hand Rule – a recap.
3. DC Motor
4. AC Generator : induced current, induced emf.
5. Hydraulic dam and Turbine wheel
6. Instantaneous and RMS current.
7. Simple AC circuits:- R, C, L , CR, LR, and LCR circuits.
8. Choke coil.
10. Step-up and step-down transformers.
11. Why power transmission is done at high voltage.
Solved problems and test questions are given at the end.