Need to login and buy the course to see the full content
This is a ‘must do’ course for getting a good hang of electronics and electrical . This course includes interesting animations to explain capacitors , what they are , how they work, and a basic DC circuit. (you can find more on AC electrical circuits fitted with capacitor , in a subsequent course - chapter 39.) Following topics are covered:
1. Capacitor types, use of a dielectric, and Capacitance.
2. Capacitor in a simple circuit with a DC battery.Working of a switch.
3. Charging and discharge graphs.
4. Capacitor in a AC circuit.
5. Force between plates of a capacitor.
6. Energy stored in a capacitor.
7. Dielectric materials and constant ‘K’.
8. Van de Graff Generator
Solved problems and test questions are given at the end.
Sample image ofa parallel plate type capacitor in a DC circuit:-