Need to login and buy the course to see the full content
This is one of the difficult(and hated) topics. But students have to be helped to get on top of it. This course makes it easier. The images/videosstart from scratch and go on to explain a Gaussian surface and how it can be used practically.
Following topics are covered:
1. Flux of electric field through another surface
2. Gauss’s Law
3. Flux at a point outside a closed surface
4. Applying Gauss’s Law to find equation for Electric Field in various situations :- a) charged conductor, b) charged sphere, c) long wire/cylinder, d) plane sheet of charge. e) outside a charged plane conducting sheet.
5. Comparison: electric field of a charged sphere , with that of a point charge at centre.
6. Electric potential energy of a charged solid sphere.
7. Electric potential energy of a charged spherical SHELL.
Solved problems and test questions are given at the end.
A sample image is given below , for a charged sheet :-
Sample image of Gaussian surface wrapped around an electric field:-