This course explains about light and how it was proved in Young's Double Slit experiment that light must have wave properties.
Following topics are covered:
1) Nature of Light – is it a wave or particle, or both? This is still not decided in the scientific world.
2) More about light waves as Electromagnetic waves, introduction to the Special Theory of Relativity
3) Young's Double-Hole experiment
4) Young's Double Slit experiment
5) Conceptual Difference between Interference and Diffraction
6) Interference due to Thin Films
7) Fresnel's Biprism experiment - Refraction, Interference
> equation derivation
8) Coherent versus Incoherent waves
9) Diffraction of light
10) Practical Experiment : Fraunhofer Diffraction with Circular Hole.