Rotation of bodies is usually a complex subject. This course makes things easy using animations and better explanations for the student.
1) Get a feel for Rotational motion : animation of turbine wheel rotating when water falls on it.
2) Rotation about an axis : the importance of knowing the axis of rotation
3) Angular velocity and angular acceleration. Its comparison with equations for Linear velocity and linear acceleration. Examples with pulleys are shown.
4) The main equations of Rotational Kinematics
5) The main equations of Rotational Dynamics : Force, Torque, and radius of action
6) Moment of Inertia: concept and derivation
7) Moment of Inertia: for a rectangular plate: see animation
8) Torque, Angular Acceleration, and Moment of Inertia: see animation
9) Leaning of Bike into a turn
10) Angular Momentum
11) vector directions for Angular Momentum: Right hand Thumb Rule
12) Angular momentum, Moment of Inertia, and Torque: relationship between all these three
13) Conservation of Angular Momentum
14) Kinetic Energy of a Rotating Mass
15) Work Done and Power in Rotational motion
16) Theorems of Moment of Inertia: a) perpendicular axis theorem, b) parallel axis theorem
17) Rolling concept: rotation + translation
18) Rolling with braking
19) Solved Problems